I am so pumped to have my friend Megan guest posting today. Since I am traveling in italy, she thought she would share her favorite tips for traveling.
I am so excited to be over guest posting on The Whimsy One, while she enjoys her beautiful European Vacation. My name is Megan and I blog over at The Fashionista Momma. In light of summer travels and style, I thought I would share my Top 5 Tips for Packing Light in Style.
1. Check the weather forecast – I always do this before I travel anywhere. It doesn’t matter what season, a rainstorm could be somewhere in the mix, or a cold weather day could hit while you’re enjoying your beautiful beach vacation. This will help save you from having to buy extra things in your destination because you were ill prepared.
2. Mix & Match pieces – Make sure that all the pieces you pack can be used at least twice.
3. Accessorize – When packing your accessories, bring neutral pieces that will go with everything you have in your suitcase. I try to do one necklace for daywear and one for evening, a few rings, and a watch.
4. Shoes – Again, I try to limit my shoes with one pair for day wear, one for evening, and the pair I wear to travel. I also throw in my running shoes (because I got to get my workout on). Shoes take up a lot of space in the suitcase so, if you have a pair of Tieks these are also a great addition because they fold up and travel easy.
5. Travel size – Make sure you pick up travel size bathroom supplies and condense your makeup. Use eye shadow pallets instead of individual eye shadows. This limits how many eye shadows you are lugging around. Pick up some travel containers for all your face lotions and creams and just take what you need. Finally learn how to curl your hair with a straightening iron. Then you can just bring one hair tool that will do it all.
Much Love & Style,