yes, you read that right. Some of my favorite things in one idea. If you have been following this little piece of my world for any sum of time...then you should know about my obsession with my pride and joy...my clearance popsicle maker. Hey, I don't have kids or puppies. Don't you judge me for having lower standards.
This is really simple. And yes, for any of you who are saying "alcohol won't freeze" You would be all kindsa incorrect And since this is bourbon, it is strong in taste, and you know, just strong period. So you do not need much anyways.
1 cup strawberries, chopped small
2 tbsp bourbon
1 1/2 cups lemonade
Makes 2 large or 3 medium popsicles.
place chopped strawberries in a container with lid and add the bourbon, I like to let it soak up overnight, but at least for a few hours. Then the next morning, add to the lemonade. Pour into popsicle mold and freeze for at least 24 hrs, but two days are better.
and it is just as good to drink if you decide to not freeze it. We made it for a shower and it was delish.
and last week my girl Steph nominated me for an Ivrester award. Which basically is the alcoholics version of a liebster.
. I am not the drinker I thought I was after these questions. Or maybe you know, It's cause in a few short months I will be closer in age to 40 than 30, but whatever, I drink my bourbon neat. Ergo, I earn a pass. Right, Glitter girl?;)
- Acknowledge who nominated you
- Answer the 10 questions listed below
- Nominate 10 bloggers you think are excellent drinkers
- You can't nominate the blog that nominated you (But why would you? They clearly just answered the questions already)
- Don't make any more questions, everyone just answer these questions below... why are we making so many questions for this Leibster guy?
- If you are nominated, just answer the questions and nominate 10 more people. That is it.
- Why are there rules for this? Q&A. That is all
- What is your favorite drinking game and why? Right, drinking games, the last one I played was when I was watching the ncaa championship, I drank every missed FT. Right now this is my favorite cause...ummm, I cannot think of another one I played last.
- It is your birthday, what is your idea of the perfect evening. My husband takes me to a sports bar(dive) there is all you can eat wings and I have bourbon. or crispin. Wait, it's my bday? I have both.
- Money is no object, what is your go to drink of choice at a bar? I like what I like so a flight of bourbon: The five most expensive bourbons. and they all better be neat, don't serve me no bourbon that has been tainted by ice.
- How many times have you played the game "Edward 40 Hands" in my lifetime? Ummmm. How bout I go with probably never.(even heard of it)
- Take this alcohol screening quiz here, what score did you receive? 10%
- What is your favorite memory with Alcohol? haha ummm, a sunset at the light house in Aruba. Champagne toast. twas beautiful.
- What is your favorite song about drinking? Or song to drink to? Whiskey Lullaby, I chose a depressing country song. Cause why not?
- What is your favorite activity to do while drinking (i.e. boating, bowling, golf, trivia, etc.) eating. that's right...eating.
- In your opinion, which is the number one party school in the country and why? I will go with ECU, I have been to almost every campus in this country when I worked for ESPN and I will just say ECU. From a sober standpoint. Although Miami of ohio on Halloween.
- When do you know you have had too much to drink? What are your signals? So I reallllllly hate being drunk, hate it. Happy tipsy, yes please and you can normally tell b/c I start trying to hold my chin with my hand and I usually miss and start smacking myself. ha. ayiyi.
I think that reading my answers has led me to the belief that I am some mature adult or something. yikes;)
Now nominate ten people. So every blog I would have nominated...pretty much has been. So I am still stewing. I promise to come back and make an addendum to this post by Monday to nominate my ten people.
Sorry, I enjoyed a bourbonade 'sicle earlier and my mind is tired. Sorry that I am actually not that sorry;)
Linking up with